Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Nappturality


I'm going natural.

I've been thinking about for a few years now but I always crawl back to the creamy crack that straightens my hair, because my hair "needs" it. But, no more chemical endangerment.

I want to make a change and this is the time to do it. When I won't need a relaxer because there will be no point. Swimming and basketball take a toll on my hair as is so why not take myself off the crack cold turkey?

I'm kinda excited because this will be a completely different thing for me. It's gonna be my journey from chemically dependent hair to... my hair. The way it was before I entered middle school.

I use to be so hell-bent on keeping my hair fried, dyed, and laid to the side that I ended up doing my hair harm. So no longer will I "fear the fro" I'm just going to let my hair do it's things.

No comments: