Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Got Passion?

The court. My heart resides there. Sometimes I wonder why I try so hard, push myself to push for it so much. At times I question my ability, wonder if my skill set is where it needs to be.

I do know this though, as hard as I try, and as much as I give, I deserve all the good that will come out of the hard work and effort I put in.

I know if I do what is required of me, I will be unstoppable.

Gotta love the game of basketball.

Sometimes I wonder if those who tell me basketball is just game are passionate about anything, if they have lives. I believe that anyone who is not passionate about something is doomed to hit a dead-end in life.

What is your purpose for living when you have nothing to live for? Why wake up everyday mad because what you do is not something you're passionate about?

To try and push someone away from their passion is like the same thing as killing them. If anyone ever told me that I couldn't play basketball ever again, I would die, emotionally. See the thing most people are passionate about isn't just a hobby.

It is life.

An artist's studio, a teacher's classroom or study, a dancer's hall, a racer's car, a mother/father's home, a preacher's church... they are where life happens, where the adrenaline rush is so great it inspires others to want to be great.

In here, nothing else matters, the outside world is but a dream.

My heart resides in the gym, where does yours reside?

1 comment:

Don said...

Great post and I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments. My passion used to be basketball as well back during my high school days. I kinda got off on the wrong track with the wrong crowd and ended up losing that passion. Since '07 I have developed a passion for reading and writing and better understanding how to convey the written word.