Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bounce

I went to my line dancing class yesterday evening reluctantly after my normal workout and was glad I went.

My teacher Dr. Brown, who has known me since I was about 8 or 9 always manages to keep us laughin'. So, I was glad I went.

The highlight of class yesterday though was our 6th dance, which I learned when I was in NYSP. As soon as the song came on I knew exactly what dance we were about to do. Hilarious, surprised I remembered it.

Anyway, line dancing calmed my nerves and put me in a state of chill. Which was good because yesterday I was still upset when I woke and my temper showed. My homegirl told me I scared her when I flipped on her for no reason.

And, well, I lost total control of my temper in class during my presentation. It's been a while since I let my temper take control and I really didn't like it. Whoo, I gotta stop letting it get the best of me.

Ah well, I'm okay today. Just sad, because I do believe, I will never get what I want. That's another story though... one I had hoped I'd never have to tell.

2 comments:

Don said...

Slow it down, stop speed ballin' @ My homegirl told me I scared her when I flipped on her for no reason. I too experience moments where I feel as if I might not receive what I want, but the hope and hard work remains.

Courtney LaShay said...

Yeah, you're. It's just that have this fear... which is why i rush