Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Burnt Out

I have been playing sports for as long as I can remember. Everyday for the last 21 years sports has been a part of my daily schedule. Always. Whether I was playing myself or traveling with my mom the coach, sports has always been a major aspect of my life.

But I'm tired, and if anyone ever really took notice in my "More Than a Ball Player" blog, they would see that this feeling really dates back to then. I've been feeling this way since then.

I just can't seem to force myself to feel that drive again. I'm trying but it is so hard. And I hate to say but I'm going to take a break. There are so many other things I want to do with my life but I can't focus on them if I'm always bummed about having to leave them and go to practice.

I'm burnt out, tired of waking up early for practice then staying up late to make time for my studies and the things I enjoy more.

So, my final decision is this: I will not play any official college level sports this year. I am taking my hat out of the race and focusing on letting my own light shine in on campus organizations.

This part of me that has been suppressed for so long so, so long sports, hello extracurricular activities.

No comments: