Monday, March 1, 2010

Same Old, Same Old

Class, work, work-out, study, sleep. Class, work, work-out, study, sleep. Class, work, work-out, study, sleep. Class, work, work-out, study, sleep. Class, work, work-out, study, sleep. This is all I do, day in and day out. Somewhere in there I eat and bathe on a regular basis, talk to my sisters. But, this is what I do. My job has become the center of attention. And because of it, my social life has suffered.

My daily routine is so predictable, I have become what I said I would never be. That woman that works constantly. I have settled comfortably into a rut that I really don't want to be in. I am so ready for a change of pace.

So, what to do what to do? I'm not sure yet. My oldest sister told me that I needed to take a real vacation. One in which allows me to have some serious me time. They all think I work too much, and their right. My body is telling me the same. It begs for rest daily, and all I do is ignore it.

I never should of gave in to the life of a working woman. I'm burning out, I'm only twenty and I'm already tired of working a 9-5. I need a change of pace, I don't quite know how to slow down, for I'm currently going 100mph.

I need something new in my life, something that will help me to take a step back and actually chill, chill. I do believe, that I am about to let somethings go so that some new things can take their place. First things first, my 9-5, that I now work as a 7-7, is about to become a 9-5 again.

2 comments:

Don said...

Sounds like you are a very driven young lady. Hardly ever witness at the age of 21. I like your ambition. But, yeah, you probably do need a break though. All those hours.

Courtney LaShay said...

Thank you... and yeah, my sisters tell me to relax all the time.