Thursday, July 7, 2011

What The Plank???

Hahahaha it's funny.

That was my first thought when I saw the pictures of random people all over planking all over. I even witnessed it first hand and man was it funny.

But I had no idea where it came from. I thought maybe it had come from a movie. Something one of today's comedians had done in a show that was sweeping across the nation.

Thanks to Twitter (because Twitter is so educational, ha!) I saw a link that allowed me to see just what planking really was and where it came from.

Someone tweeted a link, which I wish I still had access to about how planking came from slavery. How planking originated from slaves being stacked one on top of the other.

This took all the fun out laughing at you idiots for planking. So, I proceeded to Google the term "planking."

All I saw was "Planking- Australian lying down game." You all need to see that slavery, our history, is being erased and aspects of it, like planking, no matter how horrible it may be has been classified as a game.

Stacking human beings on top of each other to make room and save money is not a game to me. It's ignorant and as funny as it was before, it's stupid now.

Give it a rest. Find something else to imitate.

And if that doesn't make you want to stop... google this ---> "Man Dies From Planking."

No comments: